Day 2 of the Chepstow Public Inquiry in which the second and third schemes by Telford Homes is being consisdered (3398/08 and 2393/09 respectively) was a bit quicker to get going as Redbridge’s first witness (Mr Simon Algar, Redbridge Conservation Officer) was still on the stand from Day 1.
Mr Algar’s cross examination continued, followed by a re-examination from Redbridge’s solicitor which concluded mid-afternoon. During the day the long awaited “Statement of Common Ground” document was agreed. This sets out those items which are in agreement between the two parties. The paperwork trail proving the Wanstead Grove Conservation Area had officially and properly been granted was provided, although more is still to be provided it seems all is in order on that front.
The afternoon concluded with Mrs Helen Zammett providing her personal views of the scheme, with some cross examination by Redbridge’s solicitor. As some of her statements related to CRA areas there was some criticism about dual representation and instruction for the CRA speaker to not re-cover the same ground.
It soon became apparent that even the extra third day would be insufficient, therefore, a fourth day on 26th May [changed to 27th May] and a fifth day 14th June would be utilised (both to be confirmed) and also the suggestion that day 3 on 25th May may be conducted in a different location [day 3 and 4 confirmed to be in Ilford Town Hall, Council Chamber at 10am and 9.30am respectively].
Still to come are Redbridge’s second witness, Telford’s three witnesses and official representations from the CRA and Wanstead Society. There is some suggestion that some of Telford’s witnesses may be dealt with by written submissions and rebuttal evidence.
Below are links to the various documents we have been able to obtain copies for:-
Documentation from Telford Homes
- Opening statement
- Rebuttal Proof to Redbridge Evidence
- Rebuttal Proof to Wanstead Society Statement
- Chris Hicks Proof of Evidence (Main)
- Chris Hicks Proof of Evidence (Summary)
- Chris Hicks Appendices
- David Woods Proof of Evidence (Main)
- David Woods Proof of Evidence (Summary)
- David Woods Design and Access Statement
- Dr Miele Proof of Evidence (Main)
- Dr Miele Proof of Evidence (Summary)
- Dr Miele Appendices
- Closing Statement
- Application for Costs
Documentation from Redbridge Council
- Simon Algar Proof of Evidence (Scheme 2)
- Simon Algar Proof of Evidence (Scheme 3)
- Julia Williams Proof of Evidence (Scheme 2)
- Julia Williams Proof of Evidence (Scheme 3)
- Evidence Appendices
- Proof of CA Designation
- Qualifications of CAP Members
- Planning Obligations – Breakdown and Summary
- Suggested Conditions
- Closing Statement
- Helen Zammett Statement
- Opening Statement and Suggested Conditions
- Questions to Mr Hicks
- Questions to Mr Wood
- Questions to Dr Miele
- Closing Statement and Requested Views for Site Visit
- Statement of Common Ground
- Wanstead Society Opening Statement
- Wanstead Society Questions to Dr Miele
- Wanstead Society List of Requested Views
Inspectorate Decision Paperwork
NB The above links will be updated over each day’s proceedings and duplicated across each days report.